Part 3
  @         
The second stage of my life
                          
(8) 
               The bloody battlefield invited
                by my double capital increase
 
There is a need for me to write a very important matter in parallel with the story mentioned earlier. It is the document concerning the gshareholderfs ruling powerh. It was in November 1961, soon after I came into the company after the founderfs death. The rule of the trucking business license was changed so that every personally managed firm should be incorporated with the minimum capital of five-million yen. The incorporation registration was easy to make, simply shifting the money in hand to the official capital investment money.
     The problem was how much, or how much percentage of the total I should have. I hope the readers would recall that at the time I shifted my life from the previous vocation to the trucking, I contented myself with the directorfs remuneration to only that of the half I used earn. The widow of the founder, my wifefs adaptive mother, encouraged me to take more than a half of the share. If I ever did as she offered, I would never have had been what I am now. This is going to be a very mysterious and unusual story hereafter.
     I thought about my situation in the company. And that was that I came into the company as a new comer regardless what I was before or how much I earned the money by my former vocation. In other words, I was somewhat reserved or constraint to the offer. I accepted after all, that I take 49.5 % with my wife 30.5%, making the couple together 80.0%, the far the dominating shareholders. Who knows! This happened to be a big trouble years later, which would be one the story of the third stage of my life.
     In 1973, what we call the first oil chock occurred. Big inflation had proceeded where it seemed to be coming to the top.  I was in possession of a lot the bank loan of which was finished with only one more time. With my insight of the land price at the peak never to come up any more, I immediately sold it to get the money for something.
     Coincidentally, at that time, the transportation ministry made a new rule that a newly established trucking company should have the minimum capital of 6-million yen. Our newly established company was supposed to have 6-million yen capital, while the mother company with 6-million yen. There was a need for the mother company to have bigger capital investment than the subsidiaries.
     With the money that I obtained by selling the lot, I increased the mother companyfs capital to 10-million yen by adding 5-million yen from my own pocket. The additional stock was, in reality, the third man stock holdings. However, I did not make it so. I divided into the same percentages of the former stock holders' share, making no difference with my 49.5% holdings. This became the cause of my being placed in a delicate situation years later. This ended in allowing my wife and her family to stand against my policy of making the group companies open, trying to closed to the family dominated policy.
     Every one who are informed of these hidden story, might say, gMr. Yoshida was so defenseless and too generous.h Yes, I was, indeed. However, this life story would give the readers an image that that was never a miss conduct that I ever made in my life to come later years.